Thursday, February 10, 2011

Los Angeles, CA: Poodle Mix Needs a Home

Before Grooming
After Grooming 

Deaf Senior needs a home. Last Thursday I was driving in Watts when a dog ran across a busy intersection and was nearly struck by 4 cars. I immediately pulled over and ran to him. Normally when I chase after strays, they run. When I approached this dog, he immediately surrendered and looked at me with desperation. With a hodgepodge leash I was able to get him to my car. He jumped in immediately and collapsed on the front seat. He was panicked, scared and dehydrated. This poor dog was in bad shape. His hair was so matted that he had trouble walking. I got him water and to a groomer right away. I needed to know what I was dealing with so we shaved him completely. Turns out "Willy" is a neutered male. He is a poodle mix. He was not wearing a collar and is not microchipped. He is approximately 12 years old and completely DEAF. He was checked by my vet today and amazingly does not appear to have any medical issues (he does have cataract). He is missing quite a few teeth. After a couple days of food, water, sleep and lots of belly rubs, his true personality is emerging. He is a gentle sweetheart who is so appreciative of being saved. He gets along with all dogs, is house trained, enjoys walks and loves to take naps. He was definitely loved at some point in his life but for whatever reason ended up homeless and alone in a really bad part o town. Please help me find him a forever home. He deserves to live out his senior years peacefully.

Please forward to any rescue organizations you know who work with seniors with handicaps. I would prefer to work through a rescue organization that has the resources to fully vet a potential new owner. Thank you! The best way to reach me is by email: meghantreese@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment