Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sweet 3-Legged Deaf Cat Needs A Home in WV!


Please take a moment to read Doc's story and look at his pic. What kind of human garbage would do this to animal. Doc is a DSH Male Adult FIV + (FIV is NOT a death sentence and is hard to pass from cat to cat) His ID # Doc PFId#8579890

Greenbrier County Humane Society/Animal Shelter
PO Box 305
Rt 2 Box 375 F
Lewisburg, WV 24901
Phone: (304) 645-4775
gchs1@earthlink.net or greenbrierhumanesociety@verizon.net

Please contact the shelter directly!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8579890

I am trying to find a rescue or forever home for a FIV+ cat, that had to have one leg amputated because someone tried to cut his foot off with a knife. He is very, very sweet and loving and just needs a chance at life. Please read his story on the link above. All references will be checked by the Humane Society before allowing Doc to go to anyone. It would be so great to find him a nice forever home or rescue, where he will be welcome, due to his special needs. Please use contact information below on how you can help this sweet boy! Thanks, Jaime Trainer

6 comments:

  1. I'd adopt her if it wasn't for my dogs. They do not get along well with cats. This brings back memories. My son who was 3 years old (he's now 17) when I took him to the shelter to find a dog who would be potential hearing ear dog. After looking at many dogs, he saw a 3-legged dog and said, "I want that dog." I was quite taken aback esp. coming from a 3-year old thinking he'd want an athletic dog. I asked him to wait on that dog and let's look for other dogs before coming to a decision. We looked at every animal in the shelter. He said, "I want that dog" (the 3-legged one). I told him I don't think he would qualify. He looked very sad, but accepted it gracefully. To this day, I still remember it vividly.

    :)
    Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the process of adopting "Doc". We are looking forward meeting "Doc" and have him home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. htmk,
    that's wonderful..glad to hear that..bless your dear heart.

    :)
    hetty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, htmk! You are doing your part and making a difference.

    There are several deaf cats and dogs in need of a home. The internet has been down and it's frustrating! Will post them soon, hopefully.

    Deafanimalrow and the whole gang appreciate what you do for Doc and let us know how he is doing in a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Doc find a home yet? because I am interesting to see if i can give him a home along with other 5 cats i have. I live in SYracuse, NY. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. catslover4life :

    We adopted him. He's GREAT cat! We changed the name to Brownies - You probably will know I am. I plan to post his adoption story.

    htmk

    ReplyDelete