Friday, January 8, 2010

Temp Foster Needed in Southern CA


Elisa,

Can you please help me put the word out that I need to find a home for Dottie, Roxy (2 great dogs), Smoke and Sasha (2 amazing cats). The economy has kicked me in the tuckas so Chelsea and I have to relocate quickly and can not take them with us. I need a place for them for at least a month maybe two. So if you know of someone who could foster them for me that would be great. Even if it's only for a few weeks that would help. I will provide food and can pay someone a little bit, but not much. If they are close by (in the LA area) I can also come over and take the dogs for walks or to the dog park.

Now, a little about the loves of my life......

Dottie is an amazing Dalmatian, not the typical hyper-frenitic type, but a sweet, loving, mellow soul. She'll protect you and love you, but the best thing about her is her smile. Once you see it you'll be hooked. She's 8 years old and beautiful.

Roxy is truly the best that a dog can be. She has more love and kindness in her than any dog that I've ever come across. She's a Golden Lab mix with an enormous heart of gold. Although she is deaf, she doesn't require any additional work (other than making sure that she doesn't get out because she won't hear cars coming or the sound of your voice calling her back). She's really good with hand signals and learns new commands quickly. She is 7 years old and a true jewel.

Both dogs are good with children, other dogs and have lived with cats their entire lives. I can't tell you how many times I've woken up to 2 dogs and 2 cats sleeping in my bed with me!! I'll miss that.

In an ideal world, I'd love to find someone who can take both of the dogs because they have been together forever and Dottie has been Roxy's "ears". I know that this might be an impossible task so I'm realize that I may have to split them up. As long as they're in a loving home they will both be fine. They are both fixed and microchipped.

Smoke is a long haired grey tabby. He's the only boy of the bunch, but he's 14 years old so his "catting around" days are behind him. Lately he's become very cuddly. Sasha is a white short haired tabby and is as sweet as can be. She loves to get love and give love.

Both cats are fixed, and Sasha is microchipped. They love to be outside so if I can find a place that allows for that, they'll be in heaven. They have also been raised around dogs and kids and they're okay with both.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you, thank you , thank you.

Dana
323.252.6000
877.516.4190 fax
udbc@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment