Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
POLO : 5 month old, sable male (sadly thought to be deaf)
* He is sweet but a little scared as someone threw him out, possibly because he may be deaf.
* Polo is very sweet, he possibly has hearing problems which we are working with him to evaluate if or how deaf he is.
* Due to this and this only Polo is by donation only, obviously he will still be castrated, micro chipped and vaccinated etc so please bear this in mind when making your donation.
26-10-10 FOSTERER UPDATE
* This wonderful boy is reavailable through no fault of his own. He really is coming on. This is the second time adopters have changed their minds at the last moment.
* Polo has done absolutely nothing wrong.
* His confidence and character grow daily and he has learnt that toys are for playing with, food is worth waiting for.
* Everywhere he goes people pay him attention, as hes so striking to look at. I would call him enchanting, he just a wonderful dog to be with!
* He so deserves a second chance of life, all he wants is someone who'll love him as much as he'll love you.
* If you can offer Polo the right kind of lifestyle - complete the application form!
Please only apply if you can offer a home that will give the stimulation and love that a collie needs.
Phone: 01269 843 084 between 10am and 4pm
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Recently homeless man in Henderson needs help with dog food for his 16 year old deaf dalmation and 6 year old dobie mix. He has about 3 days worth of food left.
Extremely Urgent Situation. 21 Rescue groups were contacted over the weekend. Only two replied back with a no. It's a shame that a man who's dedicated his life to animals isn't even worthy of a response email from 19 other groups. The dal is spayed, the dobie is not neutered. We have a sponsor for the dobie's neuter on the 28th of this month. A tentative temporary home for the dobie in Durham, but we also need an outdoor kennel donated and delivered to the Durham area - used is great.
This is going to take a network of people to make it happen, please email if you can help! It's getting colder and colder each night. Once these dogs are placed in homes, the gentleman will then move into a men's shelter. Until then, he won't leave the dogs.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Casper is SOLID white with one freckle on his ear. He is a sure head turner. He is also a big boy. I didn't get him on the scale yet but I think he is in the neighborhood of 80lbs. He is a young boy probably about a year old given that his teeth are as white as he is. He is friendly, doesn't really jump up on you, has some leash manners (he doesn't pull as bad as a dog that size could), and we suspect that he is good with other dogs given his calm nature around them inside the shelter (haven't tested him as he is a big boy but will closer to his release date). Why is Casper urgent? Casper's world is silent. He is deaf which I believe is not too uncommon in sold white dogs. If you are interested in adopting Casper please contact firstname.lastname@example.org He is located in Montgomery County Animal Shelter!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Bryson is a 8-12 month old Staffie that was left in our drop off box after hours. He is a complete goofball that just wants to run and play! Bryson is 69 pounds and is heartworm negative. He has been SAFER assessed and scored 1 and 2s throughout. His only 3 was during the food testing and it was noted he may need food modification.
During the SAFER assessment it became obvious that Bryson is deaf. It does not affect him in temperament or playfulness in anyway but b/c of the deafness we can not put him up for adoption. Bryson is in need of a rescue group to properly care and train him for his future forever home.
Please contact danielle@
Danielle Lynch, Rescue & Foster Coordinator
Charleston Animal Society, 2455 Remount Rd., North Charleston, SC