Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Deaf Border Collie/Aussie Mix in KY

Whoever named me Lucky must have had an ironic sense of humor. My owners left me behind in a pen when they moved away. It also appears that I am deaf. The landlord fed me for a while, but then he just planned to turn me loose to fend for myself. Thank goodness he spoke to a volunteer who said to bring me to the shelter. Now that is all behind me (except for being deaf); maybe my future truly does hold some luck for me. You can see in my video that I am handsome beyond words and I'm a truly wonderful boy. I seem to know a few hand signals. I don't bark. I was curious in the cat room but not aggressive and not really afraid. When I was introduced to another dog at the shelter, again I was curious and behaved myself even when he did rude things to me. When I was neutered I learned I weigh 66 lbs and may be a bit underweight and could get a bit bigger. I know that luck is in my future because these people have vowed to find me a wonderful home and family where I can be happy and safe forever. I believe them.

Donna White at dwhite@aggressiveonline.net
Grayson County Humane Society
Leitchfield Animal Shelter
213 William Thomason Byway
Leitchfield, KY 42754
270-230-8839
www.graysonhumane.org
www.graysoncountyhumanesociety.petfinder.org
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/friendsofgraysoncohumanesoc/


No comments:

Post a Comment